• question-icon

What is the treatment for strep throat?

My daughter is 4 and she tested positive for strep 14 days ago and took antibiotic and all symptoms went away after 2 days then on last day of antibiotics her fever returned and complaining of sore throat again now for 3 days. Is it strep again or viral... Fever was 102 only 1 night and for 3 days between normal and 99.7.
Thu, 21 May 2015
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic

I reviewed your history.
Strep throat requires use of antibiotics depending on the culture and sensitivity report of the throat swab.

Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Hope this answers your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards