Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for epispadia ?

my son have epispadia, i notice he urine always go upward. the teacher and the nanny told me to take him to the doctor that its an abnormality, and true to their word tha doctor confirm it and said i should bring him for surgery . i also notice he has a hole on the pennis which is enlarge when he urinate and no opening at the tip. please is a major operation or a proceedure to correct and is their any effect to the child my son is 2years old, n will notice this when he stop using diapers
Asked On : Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic forum.
As your son is diagnosed by doctor as having epispadiasis, he has to undergo surgery to treat the condition.
Result and success rate of surgery depends on the position of urethral opening over the penis and more distal the opening higher the success rate. So, by this way you can understand the severity of the condition and result of surgery.
Best wishes for health of your son.
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor