Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for boils which comes in periods ?

I am Mark, 19 years old. Recently in the past 4 months, I ve been bothered by recurring painful boils (2cm in diameter including the reddened area). It appears only one at a time over a period of time. My doctor prescribed me an antibiotic Flucloxacillin for 28 capsules q6h a day. The first time I used my antibiotic, I wasn t able to finish the therapy . I only managed to take 14 capsules, but my boil healed so I thought my problem is finished. The second time I got boil, I finished the whole 28 cap therapy. But even after that It still recur. What should I do? I m afraid if I repeat my antibiotic therapy I might develop resistance from it. Home care treatments also will do. Hope to hear an answer from you, thanks and more power.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Perhaps you should consult with your dermatologist. Treatment generally involves taking an antibiotic course like you did, but perhaps even appropriate ointment based antibiotic medication can also help. Any type of external or internal irritant also have to be ruled out which may be causing flaring up of this boil condition which can be anything from food, environments and overall personal habitus. Regards.
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor