What is the further treatment for my knee injury?

I am male,56 years,5 8 ,80 Kgs.Due to a sudden twist while getting down from the jeep, my left knee got injured with complete tear of acl and fragment tear of meniscus on 8th Nov2011.Some Drs advise Arthroscope surgery and some Drs advise tablets and Exercises.I am taking FreeFlex Forte Tabs & Thrize Tabs two times daily and continuing the Knee exercises as per the advise of a Dr.I feel now that my pain is reduced considerably and i am able to walk with a little normal speed.Please advise me about my further treatment. Mohanaraj T
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

Your symptoms seem to be related to a tear of meniscus. I see that you have already taken proper treatment.

I suggest continuing the medications as prescribed by your doctor. I also recommend to do regular check-ups. If the pain continues arthroscope surgery may be needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician