What is the cause and treatment for elevated liver enzymes?

My medical exam shows my SGPT is high. I was taking medicine (Solmux) for cough when I had my medical exam. I suspect that it was the cause of high SGPT. I ended taking Solmux for 3 days now. The doctor said I have to take medication to lower my SGPT and be back after 9 days. But I need the result 3 days from now. How can I achieve lower SGPT in such a short period? Thanks in advance.
Fri, 15 May 2015
Hello
High liver enzymes are suggestive of some liver disease like inflammation or injuries of liver

Its reversal to normal depends upon the underlying cause and severity of insult to liver parenchyma

I would advise you to get an ultrasound and answer my few questions
Your age and complete medical history
History of drinking or smoking
since how long you have this problem?

Meanwhile please follow these guidelines
Avoid strenuous physical exertions
Have glucose waters if you are not diabetic
Have multivitamin supplements
Avoid fatty fried and junk food

Thanks for your question
Wishing you good health
REGARDS