What is the best treatment for a groin rash in a 7-year-old?

My 7 year old developed a rash in her groin area after a few days of taking penicillin..we quit taking it. She had hives on her body too..i am giving her benadryl..should i be putting anything on rash in her diaper area( she doesnt wear diapers, i m just uding that as the area) the skin is slightly discolred and peely.
Mon, 17 Sep 2018
Hi.

The rash could be drug induced hypersensitivity associated with urticaria. But the rash in groin could be due to Tinea or a candidal infection. As there are multiple differential diagnoses, you should consult your Dermatologist to pin point the final diagnosis and the management depends on final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Siva Subramanian,
Dermatologist