Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What is the best medicine for depression for my 11 year old son ?

Hi , my son 11 was prescribed with clomipramine 10mg for having panic attacks , and mood swings for a year now , nowadays he is on a tapering off process feeling much better now , but at night time he gets a bit aggressive. What is the best way for tapering off anti-depressants please help. I have consulted with his GP , and he says this is part of the withdrawal . Thank You for everyone s advice, God Bless.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Different anti-depressants need different taper strategies. You can taper off Clomipramine over a period of 3-4 weeks. His symptoms may need monitoring during the taper. If needed, the taper period can be prolonged further. If you feel the aggressiveness at night is a bit too much to handle, you can think about continuing with 10mg for a week or so and then trying the taper again. Hope this helps.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor