What is causing numbness and tingling in fingers with shoulder pains?

I have had numb & tingling fingers (middle, ring,pinky) on my left hand for 2 months. Also, loss of grip strength in left hand. I have also been awakened @ night (3 times) during the past 2 months w/ left arm pain, muscle twitching in both arms & from arms falling asleep . I am extremely fatigued by 1p.m. or so, and frequently fall asleep on the couch @ this time. I am 60 years old, active my entire life- I still swim, spin, jog, attend pilates class, love gardening. I have lessened my swim workout these past 2 months do to shoulder pain.I also have difficulty raising my left arm above shoulder height to wash my hair. Until 2 months ago, I experienced none of these symptoms.
Mon, 14 Jan 2019