Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What is an ST-T abnormality and how can it be treated ?

NAME RAM PALAT ,AGE 40YRS male hypertension 140/96 to 120/84 fluctuating, DATE OF ECG 17.08.11 AT 13.10.06,AND ON THE SAME DAY AT 13.10.36HRS. THE RESULTS ARE1. HR 96BPM,P DUR 89,PR INT-123,QRS-105,QT/QTC INT-328/415MS,P/QRS/T AXIS-68/4/17 , RV5/SV1amp-1.601/1.230Mv,rv5+sv1amp-2.831,rv6/sv2amp-1.251/1.356( possible inferior myocardial infarction ) and result at second ecg-hr-97,p dur-92,pr-123,qrs-95,qt/qtc-332/423,p/qrs/t-65/4/14,rv5+sv1-1.545/1.238,rv5+sv12.783,rv5/sv2-1.200/1.388 result sinus rhythm ,slight ST-T abnormality please suggest the treatment
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  352
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob,there are many cause of sinus rhythem n ST t abnormality. some of them are increased heart rate, ventricular hypertrophy, ishemia, hyperventilation. its significans depends on your associated symptoms like chest pain, breathlessness, sing n symptoms of MI. if you have no other symptoms then this is due to ventricular hypertrophy or high heart rate as they are common in chronic high blood pressure n there is nothing to worry. if you have other symptoms then you should consult with your doc for rule out the cause n start proper treatment. some time it happens due to some drugs which use in high blood pressure.
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor