Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is a tear duct obstruction and what are some home remedies to cure it ?

My left eyes tear duct is blocked. The tears are building up in the corner, and then eventually stream down my face or i wipe them. What is a home remedy that i can safely use? This has been bothering me for the past week.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  271
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. Wash your eye with lukewarm water with a pinch of medical grade boric acid powder dissolved in it.
2. Gently massage the inner portion under your left eye.
3. Partial blockages will respond to this home remedy.
4.. If this does not help, or if you get a discharge from our eye, visit an Ophthalmologist who may do sac syringing.
5. If you are elderly, consider ruling out an external obstruction, especially if other symptoms like facial numbness, nasal obstruction or bleeding, painless fall of teeth are present.
Answered: Wed, 13 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor