What does sudden pain in the hips, knees and elbows indicate?

Over the past few months my hip, my knee, and my elbow have suddenly given me trouble for weight bearing. It is very very painful to step on them. After a day or a month, it then seems to go away. I have range of motion. I can ride my bike painfree, etc. but cannot bear weight or turn a faucet, etc. What does this mean?
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Episodic pain in the joints may be due to:
1. Gouty arthritis.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Osteoarthritis with effusion.
4. Hypothyroidism, etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Get blood investigation done and get X-ray of the joint to rule out undisplaced fractures. Please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu