hi mam, let me thank you first for a detailed description of your problem.yours is a typical pain of sciatic nerve
compression.the possible causes are :
1)lumbar disc degeneration disease or disc dislocation.
2)any trauma to lumbar spine
3)any tumour compressing sciatic nerve.
a detailed physical examination by an orthopedician or a neurologist
or a spine surgeon
is necessary and MRI may also be ordered for a specific diagnosis.the recommended treatment modalities are as follows :
1) complete bed rest for atleast 4 weeks
2) pain relieving medications like NSAIDs
,ibuprofen),neuropathic analgesics like
pregabalin,gabapentin(to be taken only at night before
going to bed),opioid analgesics like
oxycodone,oxymorphine are useful.
3) muscle spasmolytics can be used if muscle spasm is severe chlorzoxazone
,metaxalone are some of
4) topical application of analgesic ointments or local
anesthetic like 5% lidocaine patch would provide some
5) even with the above therapy for 2 weeks,pain doesnt
subside,lumbar epidural injection of a local anaesthetic
with or without a long acting steroid is advised.it provides
pain relief for at least 4-6 months.
6) lumbar facet joint block is another advanced and more
promising modality of pain relief.
7) few precautions like avoiding sitting on the floor,avoiding
lifting heavy weight,prevention of abnormal postures are
so,you can consult a spine expert or an ortho doctor and discuss the above mentioned modalities of treatment.hope my explanation clarifies your doubts.any further queries,please do write to us.its my pleasure to guide you.thank you.take care.bye.