Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What diet should a type 2 diabetic follow to prevent increase in sugar level ?

Hi! I am a type 2 diabetic female I take glocovance 5mg but within the last few days the sugar level in my blood is too high 300 to 250 and i stopped eating except for some vegetables what I could do?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Mervat. Thanks for your Query and For using Health Care Magic

Glucovance contains a combination of glyburide and metformin. Glyburide and metformin are both oral diabetes medicines that help control blood sugar levels.

You are currently taking Tab Glucovance 5 mgs: Glyburide 5 mgs and Metformin 500 mgs. However, blood sugars are uncontrolled are in the range of 300 - 250

There are few things you must consider.

1. Were your sugars always uncontrolled or its only now.

2. Any change in you diet recently - If so correct it

3. Are you exercising well - If not - Start - Brisk Walk at-least 40 mins/day

4. The dose of medications which you are taking can be increased up to 10mgs/500mgs (Glyburide + metformin) twice a day. You will need to consult your primary physician for the same.

5. If still sugars are uncontrolled, another group of medications (Thiazolidenediones or Gliptans) need to considered.

Its advisable that you meet your primary physician such that medications can be readjusted to get a better control.


Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor