Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What diet should I take for weak eye sight ?

Dr. my daughter is 13 yrs and one year back she had -3.50 on both but now her # is R -4.0 L -4.25. kindly advise me how stop the # or any medicine or diet . Thanks. Amjad Bhatti
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
What your Daughter is progressive Myopia. She needs refractive correction. The fact that her refraction is increased to a high number, it indicates some pathology as her eyeball may be increasing in length. There could be certain risks like retinal tear and detachment for which you must be aware. She needs to be evaluated by the Ophthalmologist who will offer the diagnosis and appropriate treatment. She may take diet rich in protein like cereals, pulses, green leafy vegetables and fruits for Vitamin A, C which are important for the eye.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Usman Imtiaz's  Response
Helo dear...
Myopia or shortsightedness is common in children. Usually with the growth of the child the number of the glasses also increases. When the growth stops which usually is around 18 years of age the number also stops. This is not a strict rule, in some patients with the use of glasses there is only a minimal change in the number.
There are no special medications or diet which can stop the number.
Once the number is stable for an year after 18 years of age then the patient can consider about the laser treatment by which glasses can be removed.
Hope the answer is enough. For further queries u can mail me
Thanks alot
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor