Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What diet can i follow in a cholesterol level of 349 ?

hi Am deepa swarup... recently i did a lipid propile test for my husband and he is 35 yrs and found chloestrol level more than 349 mg i need diet suggestion to follow for this day to day intake like ground nut, varities of chenna s and rajma Can you pls. guide me regards Deepa
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  276
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. This is a very vast topic to be consulted on line. you can find some links on personalized diet and fitness plans at the bottom of the page which is also provided by healthcare magic. Please check that out, and visit a dietecian in person so that a detailed plan can be worked out. It is most needed.
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear deepa
The base line of treatment in such cases is to shun all that has fats in it and cut down on carbohydrates. have vegetarian diet with rich fibrous contents. Is he hypertensive also or any family history of obesity and hypertension. Garlic 2 cloves empty stomach reduces cholestrol. Amongst herbal medicines you can use Cap.lipan [ BAN LABS ] 1 bd. and get reexamination after 15-20 days.
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor