What causes vaginal spotting while on Duphaston?

Hi, I was advised to take duphaston for i was experiencing some spotting during my pregnancy. I am in 12 weeks now ans i was advised to take it 3x a day for 2-3 days and after is 2x a day for a month. Slightly my spotting is minimal but still there. Is it something that will just go away soon? I had an ultrasound last 3 days when i rushed into the hospital and baby is up and well.
Fri, 9 Jun 2017

Spotting is because of lack of endogenous progesterone due to hormonal changes of the early pregnancy and not because of Duphaston. It will come around soon.

Maintain hydration with plenty of liquid, keep the private parts clean with antiseptic soap, avoid sexual relationships, and avoid strenuous work/weight lifting at present to get better early.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel