What Causes Swelling And Burning Sensation In Throat?

hello, I woke up this morning and my throat was burning and a red. well when I checked it again throughout the day it was still red and swollen. when I just looked at it, it has like a black spot and it s swollen and hard to swollen when I touched it, it was rock hard. it s very painful and I m not sure whats wrong
Thu, 13 Jan 2022
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

Redness and swelling of throat is suggestive of inflammation in throat. I suggest you to consult an ENT specialist for clinical assessment, investigations like throat swab for isolation of infectious agent and thus management.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist