What causes sharp pains like pin prick in breasts?

Hello Dr. For the past 2 weeks I have felt pin sharp pains in each of my breast but one at a time. One day I would feel it on one breast and it last about 30 seconds in one spot. About 5 minutes later I would feel it on the same breast but a different area. Hours later or even the next day, I would feel the same thing on the other breast. I do not like what I am reading when I Google these symptoms online and do not have family or friends that I can talk about my fears. Can you please advise me of some things that can cause this pain, or a solution to make it go away?
Wed, 17 Sep 2014

I have studied your case.
Due to compression of this nerve root there is pain in your breast.

This can be related to smoking also.

I will advise you to do MRI thoracic spine, HRCT [CHEST] and EMG- NCV [nerve conduction study]

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

If pain is more on left side then you may need to rule out cardiac cause.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.