• question-icon

What causes red bumpy rash on thighs and arms?

My daughter has a red bumpy rash on her thighs. Bumpy rash on her arms. That has spread from Thursday to Friday evening down her extremities. It became itchy and is having clear discharge. Was told it was from a viral infection but she has not been sick.
Tue, 15 Sep 2015
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

If there is no history of viral infection then it is not likely that the rash is due to a viral infection.

With a history of itching, then it may mean that it is due to an allergic reaction to some agent.

Using an oral antihistamine would help, along with eliminating the source .

If there is no change then you may want to consider taking her to a dermatologist for assessment.

I hope this helps