• question-icon

What causes pricking sensation in urethra?

sometime i have this feeling that something is stuck or pricking my urethra. The Drs. suspected a stone but i didn't feel it in my kidneys or bladder, just the urethra. And there was no blood in my urine. They diagnosed me with a UTI and put me on macrobid and all my symptoms went away except for the urethra irritation. Any suggestions as to what it is?
Fri, 11 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The most common possibility is gravels, calculus or partial narrowing of
the urethra.

In our clinic, I recommend undertaking a soft tissue ultrasound of the
urethra with or without ascending urethrography as per the clinical
evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel