What causes polymyalgia rheumatica in the shoulders and neck while having the blood reports normal?

I am 55 years old and have symptoms of PMR. I have tried Prednisone as well as Melicam and Duloxetine. It started suddenly without injury in October 2017 in my left shoulder. By February 2018 in both shoulders and is now in my neck and now down both arms to the elbows. Because of insurance , I can't see a rheumatologist until November 2018. All my blood tests have shown no abnormalities. My primary seems stumped, any ideas?
Thu, 28 Mar 2019

In my opinion, this could be due to deficiency of vitamin D or Vitamin B12 if nothing is found on examination by your GP. I suggest blood tests for these vitamins and pain killers + vitamin supplements.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gopal Goel, Orthopaedic Surgeon