What causes palpitations and rapid heart rate?

im 19 years old, 5' 8" and 120 pounds. my heart seems to beat really fast even when im completely relaxed, today for the first time ever i experienced what i believe to be palpitations. i have an anxiety disorder but ive had it under control for years. what could be the problem and what should i do

Tue, 2 Apr 2019

I suggest you see a doctor, do an ECG, a 24 h ECG Holter monitoring and probably if the heart rate is really fast, you may need some medications like beta blockers.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Anila Skenderi, General & Family Physician