What causes pain in the right leg after removal of a tumor from the right femur bone?

11 years ago i had a fleshy tumor removed from the upper trocanter of my right femur and filled with a synthetic graft. Over the years i have experienced pain in my right leg intermittently that makes it difficult to walk. When it flares up i walk with a limp. The pain starts in the area where the graft was implanted and shoots down the outside of my leg down to my ankle. A month ago it got so bad that i fell in my kitchen and was unable to get back up without assistance and was taken to the emergency room. They did an x-ray and found no damage to my leg, gave me a shot of toradol and sent me home with a script for norco. The pain went away until 2 days ago. Today it was so bad that i was unable to climb the stairs at work.
Mon, 23 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

To me your problems looks like sciatica( after going through the details).I would suggest you to get MRI of lower spine to assess the level and amount of pressure on nerves. In the meantime Start pain killers, physiotherapy and a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.