What causes pain and burning sensation in the flank region on the right side?

I have had constant burning stabbing pain in my r flank. Pain goes through to abdomin but does not wrap around Kidney work up is normal. Pain was so severe last week, I lost feeling on my right side with urinary incontinence
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
With your description of pain I would think in terms of slipped disc at L5-S1 .
I would recommend pain killers , muscle relaxants , physiotherapy .
Also please get an MRI of lumbo -sacral spine to look for presence and extent of disc prolapse.
Thanks