• question-icon

What causes occasional blood in stools and phlegm?

I take warfarin, 10 mg each day and started in March when I had a stent placed. Also take Plavix. Today when i spit, there was blood. I just had my INR checked and it was 1.5 so not high. Recently started taking Glimerpiride 4 mg and spirono/hctz 25/25. What is causing this. I occassionally have a little blood in the stool but have always had this due to hemmoroid
Wed, 19 Dec 2018

Blood in stool and in sputum may be due to thrombocytopenia or infection or clotting factors deficiency.

Both may be different entities like gingival bleeding or bronchitis with hemorrhoids or fissure in ano.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Get it done pt/INR weekly.

Get it examined for the chest x-ray, stool examination and Consult your physician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu,