What do the attached ECG reports indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi sir...I'm uploading the ecg report ...Could you please shed some light on it...

Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Atrial fibrillation is there.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.
After mitral valve relacement only utility of this ecg is to see if patient is in atrial fibrillation or not.Therapy with anti coagulant should be started asap and a latest 2d echo should be done to see if there is any clot in atrium or not.
Rate and rythm controlling medications should be started.

Apart from this no other suggestion could be given by going through ecg.
Basiline test like 2d echo is to be done to monitor a patient post MVR.
Please attach latest and old 2d echo reports of the patient for review.
Please attach the lists of medication he is on and ecg of patient post MVR in 2017.
I have to see if ecg after MVR is normal or not.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. Risu for your reply. He is already on 7.5 mg of Warf everyday at 6pm. I'm attaching the latest PTINR report along with the ECG that was performed on 14 Jun'17 after his surgery on 31st May 17.

Any further insights will greatly help.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
I've seen both ECG’s.
He is in a state of atrial fibrillation post surgery.
It's called chronic atrial fibrillation.
INR is ok.
PT does not have much significance with warfarin.

I would suggest you to discuss with your cardiologist to add a rhythm controlling medication like Amiodarone or Flecainide to his treatment to control fibrillation.

Thanks!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 6 hours later
Thank you very much doctor. Nothing concerning right?

Will follow up with the doctor. I got the appointment only on Tuesday with him.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
No right now nothing is concerning so meet your doctor and follow up.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj