What causes muscle ache in the hips and legs?

I have all over muscle aches, pain in my hips, legs, knees, and feet. Had an MRI that showed 2 moderately bulged discs but the surgeon does not see a need for surgery yet. What can be causing so much pain and what other tests should I consider to find the source.
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Muscle aches at hips and joint may be due to hypothyroidism or anemia or anxiety or Viral fever or other auto immune disorders etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.
Avoid spicy food and alcohol avoid smoking and caffeine drinks.
Bulged discs may can cause above problems but symptoms may depends upon the severity of the disease. Use physiotherapy or spinal exercise, please consult your doctor if symptoms not improved then he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.