What causes metastatic breast cancer?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...Hi, my sister has metastatic breast ca and was just recently moved to calvary hospital..they gave her morphine on admission I believe and can barely wake up to eat...she is 51 years old and I know that she still want to fight to live however morphine makes her so sleepy that she barely wakes up to eat...how can she fight if she is under the influence of morphine all the time
Thu, 2 Jul 2015
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your sister's situation and problem.
Morphine can cause sedation but it can not cause profound sedation.
Profound sedation in Patient with metastatic breast cancer can be due to many causes but the common causes are
1. Brain metastasis
2. Electrolyte disturbance like hyponatremia.
So better to first get done MRI brain to rule out brain metastasis and electrolyte levels to rule out electrolyte disturbance.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wishing good health to your sister.
Thanks.