What causes metallic odor in stool?

Hi, can I aFor 3 weeks my stool has had a metallic odor. Thought it might be the probiotic I was taking so I stopped it. I have been off it for a week now but still have the metallic smell. I see no blood
Mon, 4 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Metallic odor in stool might be due to malabsorption most probably. It can occur generally after minor infection in your GI tract. It will subside on its own and no need to worry as you don’t have any other symptoms, like fever or blood in stool. As of now, take plenty of fluids and have fiber rich diet.

Thanks.