What causes intermittent chest tightness?

Hi, I ve been experiencing chest tightness for over a month. It is not constant, but periodic. I ve been to my GP who listened to my chest and found no wheezing. She prescribed Advair 2x/day for a month and had me see her after 2 weeks of use. She said my lungs were clear but to finish the month on Advair so that we can stabalize the tightness. I am in my 3rd week now and am currently experiencing the Same degree of tightness that caused me to go to her 3 weeks ago. The only things i ve changed with my lifestyle in the past couple of months is going on the Pill for the first time in my life (starting in Feb.). I am now 35. And i ve added daily fish oil capsules as a dietary supplement. Can any of these cause intermittent chest tightness or could it be more serious, like asthma, lung disease or even Cancer? (I have never smoked in my life but my father smoked in the house when i was growing up.)
Mon, 22 Apr 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

I would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to any serious medical condition.

Anxiety and acid reflux can trigger this clinical situation too.

For this reason, I would first recommend taking an anti-acid and see if it improves your situation.

It is also advisable performing a resting ECG and checking thyroid hormone levels.

A chest X-ray study and pulmonary function tests would help exclude a lung disorder.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist