What causes difficulty in passing stools post a gall bladder surgery?

My husband just had surgery for bladder cancer and he feels that he can t go to the bathroom as he has a catheter in bladder. He doesn t want to put any pressure on bladder trying to go. he has been given prescription for hyoscyamine and is reluctant to take it as he does not know if it is the right thing to use.
Mon, 23 Feb 2015
Oncologist 's  Response
Hi
Sometimes after gall bladder surgery it may be difficult to pass stool.
I would advise you to take syrup duphalac 15 ml after dinner.
Dr de