What causes diarrhea and vomiting?

I am a 33 yr old female. I have a 17 month old daughter. I have been on antidepressants (Effexor) off and on for 5 or 6 years now. It's a low dose and I don't have any bad symptoms from it.
Since January this year, I have had episodes of vomiting sometime with diarrhea that usually only last about 12 hrs and seem very random. They happen every 2-4 weeks. So far it's happened about 5 times since January and it's now end of April. After it's done I'm able to eat fine. I don't think they are flues that many times. I have a history of anxiety (never very bad) and sometimes I get really bad gas(burps) that smell like sulpher and are accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting, but this isn't the same.
Not sure if it's stress or something I"m eating. The first two episodes were preceded by me eating fish, so I haven't been eating fish since. I'm also on a mostly soy and dairy free diet since November because my daughter has an intolerance to both.
Mon, 19 Mar 2018