• question-icon

What causes brown vaginal discharge post colposcopy?

I had a colposcopy done two days ago and she had to biopsy two spots on my cervix. She put a mustard colored paste on my cervix afterward and told me to expect coffee ground looking stuff when I wiped after using the restroom. Today at 10:30pm I went to the bathroom and wiped and had a clot about 2in wide and 4in long. It was a dark brown, grey color I m wondering what this was?!
Mon, 22 Oct 2018

Brown vaginal discharge is not related to the colposcopy. This can happen due to a mild hormonal disturbance or stress related to colposcopy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal,
OBGYN