What causes blue and bruised arms while wearing copper arm bands?

I have been wearing copper arm bands for pain on my arms at work for about 4 weeks. I have little to no feeling in my thumb and pointer finger on my left hand and sometimes on my right this is why i started wearing the band. however my arms are blue and look bruised where I wear the braces, should I be worried, is it blood clots?
Wed, 15 Sep 2021
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

Loss of sensation could be due to nerve compression. Bluish discoloration could be due to decreased blood circulation in the arm. I suggest you to remove the band and wait for resolution of symptoms.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist