What causes a red line from the armpit to the elbow after a nuclear stress test?

My husband has a red line running from his left armpit towards his elbow and the area is very sensitive. He got this yesterday and today he is saying his other arm is having sensitivity. He had a nuclear stress test (with dye) three days ago. Any ideas or correlation. He has heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Sat, 28 Jul 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I would explain that this red line could be related to phlebitis (a vein infection).

Did he have an injection in this arm (the substance for the test)?

I recommend consulting with his attending physician for a physical exam and some tests (complete blood count, PCR, ESR).

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri