What can cause swelling in the feet along with shortness of breath and fatigue?

My feet swell if I sit too long (hour or two). It is mainly my left foot and it gets warm to the touch. I don't seem to have any shortness of breathe, fatigue or pain. It goes away when I elevate the legs at night and they are normal in the morning. No problem when I play golf all day. I am 68yo male.
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

It may be due to dependent edema or due to Infection like cellulitis or deep vein thrombosis, etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Keep your limb on elevation, avoid swing of your legs from bed.
You may use crepe bandage at night.

Please get examined for echocardiogram and ECG. Then consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu 's  Response

It is possible that it may be due to dependent edema or it may be due to cardia failure or decreased tone in the calf muscle which may not able to pump the blood reverse to the heart. Elevate the limbs at night. Please check your hemoglobin, ECG, and chest X-ray.

Check your renal functioning status. Please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu