Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What can I do for pimples and itchy skin on my face ?

hi am 20 years old female. i have pimple on my face and my skin is very itchy . its just started in this week. ? please help me
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Mahi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You can take clindamycin ointment which is available over-the-counter and apply to the pimple spot twice daily.  Please wash your face with soap frequently to avoid any further acne.
This medication reduces the lesion and also prevent further pimples to appear.
Hope i answered your question.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!mahi ,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

There are various reasons for pimples at you can be because of wrong selection of soap/cream to hormonal disturbances .If you have irregular periods, weight gain, scalp hair loss or facial hair ,then you should get a hormonal check up done to rule out polycystic ovary disease(PCOD).

I hope you are not using any steroid cream on your face ,as that would aggravate your pimples.

There are lot of options for treatment ,but that would depend on the cause of pimples and the stage of pimples.

You can start of with oral antibiotic to begin with ,along with topical anti acne creams lke clindamycin or adapelein gels.
If this doesn't help the one can plan for oral retinoids too,but this would require lot of investigations and precautions (esp in females) before starting.

If you have hormonal acne then hormonal medicines needs to be given.

So kindly consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis of the cause and proper treatment.
Meanwhile you can use a anti acne soap and avoid all moisturizers on face.

I hope this answers your query ,if you have any further questions ,kindly write back to us.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor