What are the symptoms of underactive thyroid?

I have just been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and prescribed medication. What symptoms should I have been looking for? I had an episode with bp 238 and my high heart rate runs high. Laboratory results indicated underactive thyroid thus the medication.
Mon, 15 Jun 2015
Welcome to HCM.
I appreciate your concern for the symptoms of underactive thyroid.

Incomplete data: Age, gender, thyroid hormone levels and prescribed medication not mentioned.

The symptoms suggestive of underactive thyoid (hypothyroidism) include fatigue, constipation, weight gain, inability to tolerate the cold, dry and yellowish tinged skin, change of voice and menstrual irregularities (if you are a female).

Hope this answers your query.
Rate this answer if you are convinced.