What are the symptoms of heart attack?

Hello, My name is Courtney and my Husband and I would like to know what the symptoms are that can lead to a Heart Attack? He has a history of Heart problems in his family and I know it is something that worries him often now that we are getting older. Also is there anything we could be doing at home to help prevent one from happening and or keeping ourselves healthy?
Tue, 20 Oct 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear .

As per your query your husband has family history of heart disease , Well there can be many symptoms that can indicate heart attack or haert related problems like Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach. Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort , which get better with rest . Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness . There are certain things that we can do to keep our heart healthy and stay away from heart related problems like :-

- Be physically active , do light exercise every day . you can also do yoga exercises .
- Eat a heart-healthy diet like low fat and food that contain more fiber and less trans fat .
- Keep your weight low .
- Keep your total cholesterol healthy by avoiding saturated fat food .
- Keep your blood sugar healthy.
- Regular medical checkup ( every 6 months ) is also ver essential .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari