What are the symptoms of absence seizures?

hi,my son is 4yrs old.He is epileptic.I don t know which type of epilepsy he is having but doctors are saying it is absence seizures.He gets still for few seconds followed by vomiting and then sleeps.At present doctor has prescribed gardinal and tegrital,but still he is having same problem after every 20 to30 days.
Mon, 5 Oct 2015
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Hi....by what you quote.. From the history I feel that it could be Absence seizures as the way you describe it is classical. The drugs will take some time to take up. If I were your pediatrician I would have suggested you to get an EEG and MRI done. Insm suggesting this because it has not been mentioned in the query.

But the drug of choice for absence seizures is Ethosuximide.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth