What TSH level is considered as normal for new born baby ?

What TSH level is considered as normal for new born baby What is the normal level of TSH for new born baby
Mon, 16 May 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  
HI
1.3 to 19 µIU/mL for normal-term infants at birth CONSIDER AS normal level.
dropping to 0.6–10 µIU/mL at 10 weeks old,
0.4–7.0 µIU/mL at 14 months and gradually dropping during childhood and puberty to adult levels, 0.4–4.0 µIU/mL.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

The normal range of TSH in new born is around 0.1 to 10 IU.. Any value between is considered as normal.. Thyroid harmone is very much essential for the growth of the baby.. The thyroid disorder in childhood is called as Juvenile Thyroidism,Deficiency of this harmone will lead to Dwarfism(short stature).. Hence thyroid harmone assay is done in suspected children in the young.. treatment is supplementation of the harmone..