Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Weight gain, taking Ginet 84 to reduce outbreaks on skin. Side effect?

Hi, I have been on Ginet 84 for approximately 3 years. The reason I went on it was to reduce the outbreaks I was having on my skin. I was told that because of the high estrogen levels it would counteract this. Yes it did work but the side effect is definitely an increase in weight. I am wondering if this is because of the pill? I am going off Ginet 84 as I think my hormone levels have stabiised, so we will see what happens.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1049
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Endocrinologist 's  Response
dear ma'm, hi! that is wonderful. you had a problem, you got the treatment, you suffered the side effect, you stopped the medicine and now you are patiently waiting for the side effect to go. great! wait and watch and let me know how can i help you after say around 6-8 weeks. regards!
Answered: Wed, 30 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor