Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Want to get pregnant. Done blood sugar test. Prescribed glycomet. Safe?

hi i'm a 36 yr old female. my height is 5'6" and my weight is 76 mother is a diabetic .my insulin level fasting is 11.40mulU/mL and after glucose is 41.69 mulU/mL.I want to conceive but am not able to.My doctor has advised me to take glycomet 500 BD.I want to know if it is safe for me to take this medicine.will i develop diabetes if i stop taking it afterwards?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You can take glycomet tablet it is safe because if your sugar level not control there is difficulty in conceiving also,if you become pregnant and your sugar level higher than doctor stop it and give insulin for sugar control because it is not safe during pregnancy.
You should check regularly your blood sugar level and take proper and healthy diet.
Do some walk or exercise.
Good luck.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 12 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor