Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Voice change permanently due to swelling on my voice box

this my question is to ent doctors.i had voice change one year back and i done layngoscopy .doctor told me there is swelling on my voice box and i am not able to speak with my original voice and still i felt strees on my voice while speaking and i took lot of tablets but it doesnt work.what to do? i have small 14 month baby and i used to sing for her in night IS my orignal voice will come back?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. Is it possible for you to access the images of your laryngoscopy?
2. Vocal cord swelling (Reinke's Edema) will not last a year. You now may have developed vocal nodules (Singer's Nodules), vocal cord thickening, polyps or scarring which is preventing your voice from returning to normal.
3. Get a follow-up laryngoscopy done and compare the images, if possible.
4. Reduce voice abuse and exposure to tobacco smoke, if any; take measures to reduce acid reflux and remember to rule out thyroid problems.
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor