Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Viral infection and adenoids of a 6 years old baby

Hi, My 6 year old son about three weeks back had fever and muscle pains, he recovered and then had stomuch infection. Just 4 days back he had severe cold,cough and fever , he was having breathing problems. He got admitted to a hospital and doctors put him on antibiotics thru IVF for 2 days and he was discharged yesterday, he again got fever and has cough. His TLC count was 16000, ESR 5 TRBC 5.18, PLT 2.49, HB 13.4. He also has adenoids . Please advice
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic,
your son needs to get abckt to hospital. needs few other investigations in the form of chest Xray and probably longer course of antibiotic. so please take him back to the doctor. tkcr
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Patel Jitendra's  Response
If your son is suffering from nasal obstruction, then there will be enlarged adenoids. You should consult to an ENT specialist who can do nasal endoscopy or he will advic for an x-ray to see enlarged adenoid. Also ask to ENT specialist tjat your son has enlarged tonsils or not? Tonsilitis may cause cough and fever off and on.
Wish you a speedy recovery of your son.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor