Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Vaginal discharge with foul odor after child birth. Medication?

I m 29yrs old and for about the last 8 months I ve had a very foul odor discharge from my vagina . It only happens when i gave birth with my first baby. after 6months of my baby a got my menstruation before and after my period i had this strong smell that even other people besides me can smell it. Please help! I know I need to go to the OB but I don t have insurance and I m nervous about going without insurance
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely bacterial vaginosis.For my patients with such condition i treat with clindamycin or metronidazole as vaginal suppository or as oral tablets.I also advise them to use intimate wash to normalize vaginal bacterial flora and PH and there by prevent further infections.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.
Answered: Fri, 30 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor