Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Using acamprol and naltima to stop alcohol. What is the best medicine to stop alcohol?

sir, i am using acamprol 333mg (twice daily) and naltima 50mg (1/2 tablet daily) since 4 months to stop alcohol. first two months i stopped drinking and after two months i am interested in taking alcohol twice a week. i think the medicine. are not working. can you suggest me the best medicine to stop alcohol for life long. thanking you nsr
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  299
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
The dose of accamprosate and naltima that you are taking too less and you need to consult your psychiatrist to prescribe the required doses of accamprosate and naltima. Self control iis very important and there is no such medicine which has absolute potency to stop alcohol. Balcofen is also emerging as a good anti craving drug.
Fill your free time with work and exercises. Eat health and maintain a sober peer group. Try becoming a member of alcohol anonymous.
Hope I have answered your query.
In future if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
Wish you a good health!
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor