Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Using Fongitar shampoo since years that is no longer available. Equivalent substitute?

I used fongitar shampoo so many years. fongitar maitained my scalp very much,but the fongitar shampoo stopped their supply in tamilnadu. Now i lost my hair, because of scalp problem. i consult more then 7 skin specialist especially asia's (no.2) skin specialist, THAMBAIYA also,but there is no use.I tried many shampoo's .but it's waste of time.can i get a product available in india equal or better then fongitar shampoo.pls help me.......
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1576
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Fongitar basically has Tar and ZPTO. Exact combination is not available. Alternative is IONAX T shampoo which has tar and salicylic acid. Another one is Novale-CT which has tar and ketoconazole. Keraglo AD shampoo has Ichthyol pale(tar) and ketoconazole. All these are equivalent.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor