Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Upper abdominal pain, done breath test, abdominal ultrasound and fluoroscopy. History of gall bladder

Hi, My name is Ammy, I am from Canada I am having upper abdominal pain from last two months. My went through so many tests like breath test , abdominal ultrasound, flouroscopy and now my family doctor is gonna send me for CT scan . I don t know what s going on , I am just wondering if any GI can help me to get rid of this pain. I have previous history of gall bladder removal, after gall bladder removal I still had pain for one year, then I got very bad pancreatitis , next to it doctors in India found through ultrasound that there was a stone in the cystic duct, it was removed in Dec 2009 by surgery . I did not have any pain since Dec 2009, but now again I am having upper abdominal pain, bloating, chest pressure &pain and also back pain between the shoulder bladdes. Pain in the upper abdomen stops when I eat something. I would be highly grateful if someone can help me.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
This might be either gastric ulcer or some blockage in biliary/pancreatic tract.
And either way gastroscopy with ERCP should be performed as soon as possible (it will rule out both).
Before it, you should have blood tests with hepatic and pancreatic enzymes done.
CT scan is necessary if acute pancreas inflammation will be recognized or when gastroscopy/ERCP will show nothing.
Until this test you should keep hepatic diet.
Hope this will help
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
You are most likely suffering from recurrent pancreatitis or spasm of sphincter of oddi/ stones in CBD.
You should consult with physician/ gastro-physician.
You should go for serum amylase/ serum lipase and MRCP.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sun, 5 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor