Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, PCOS. Follicle study done, still could not conceive. Suggestions?

I have been tying for a baby since 5 months, had a thyroid issues, it got controlled five months back, then got to know have mild PCOS ...since then takig treatment, last month had done folicile study, the result was good enough as it ruptured at 22mm on 17th day however cudnt concieve. Doctor said once again go for folicile study. but some relative of mine is saying that i should get HSG checked this month...wat should i do? as the doctor has said i cant go for both the test together....please suggest?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
If you want to get the tubal patency test done, you should better avoid follicular study in the same cycle as there will be delay in the study owing to the timing of Hysterosalpingogram, as it is done during the follicular phase of the cycle. So, you can ask your doctor to suspend follicular studies in a cycle and go for a HSG test if he finds it reasonable and if you want to get it done. It is always good to exclude problems of tubal patency. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor